The yearly barefoot Freedom Trail jaunt, per our posted
and a perfect day for it!
Images are linked to larger detailed copies. Captions for each row are are interspersed, and contain random links to useful external content.
Starting out from the State House.
Our GPS tracks won't be nearly this accurate|
2. Brass shoe-prints at the Boston Latin jackass
3. Playing in the fountains on the Greenway (near the Freedom Trail Foundation, which also has a nice online trail map)
Oops, Paul Revere mall turned into a hole in the ground, and
all those lovely damp bricks are gone|
5. Boston By Foot? Indeed, here we are!
6. Mysterious Vise, and pointers to Mysterious Vise, outside Ducali Pizza
(The really disturbing thing here is that I'm holding a smartphone.)
A bit of a rest after climbing the 290-some steps of the
Monument : gravity sucks!|
8. Fresh asphalt, still warm and slightly sticky, a blank canvas for dusty feet
9. A bold squirrel's dilemma: Are you food?? (Frog Pond apparently closed for the season by now)